The following content may contain affiliate links. When you make a purchase using these links, I receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Imagine this, you are walking to your next activity in the rolling hills of North San Diego County to visit the Carlsbad Flower Fields. As soon as you pass through the entrance beyond the initial sites you lay your eyes upon one of the most spectacular views of beauty you have ever seen, 55 acres of colorful ranunculus flowers in full bloom.
The Carlsbad Flower Fields have one of the most breathtaking displays of beauty, color, and famous flowers, and are unlike any place I have ever visited before.
Here is everything you need to know to plan your visit to the Carlsbad Flower Fields.
The Best Time to Visit the Carlsbad Flower Fields
The Flower Fields are open from early March through early May, normally from March 1st through May 14th. Their ranunculus flowers are in bloom for six to eight weeks a year.
Hours are from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm daily and tickets must be purchased online in advance of your visit. Check out their website for more information: theflowerfields.com
5 Things to Know Before You Go
- Wear comfortable shoes! With over 55 acres, you will be doing a lot of walking. My all-time favorite everyday sneakers for travel are the Allbirds Tree Pipers or Allbirds Tree Runners.
- The weekends are very crowded. If possible, try to visit on a weekday to avoid crowds.
- To get the best photos, go first thing in the morning or reserve the last time slot of the day. This will help give you that soft even light for the best possible photographs.
- Visit the Historical Poinsettia Display and you will immediately feel like you are transported to Christmas time.
- Wear sunscreen! I never leave the house without it but in case it’s not part of your everyday routine, be sure to apply it before arriving.
The Carlsbad Flower Fields are spectacular and you will not want to leave! You may be in the sun for quite some time so plan, and dress, accordingly.
Make a Weekend Out of It
There are so many fun things to do and cool places to visit in Southern California. You could easily make a day trip to the Carlsbad Flower Fields during a weekend trip to Los Angeles or Orange County.
I’d love to hear about your experience at the Carlsbad Flower Fields. Leave a note in the comments below!